The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WW1 Aircraft in Lego

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
richie2537 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie2537 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WW1 Aircraft in Lego
    Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 03:23
Greetings! I am a life-long WW1 aviation enthusiast and currently on a mission to get Lego to launch some of my WW1 aircraft designs as kits. The way it works is that you submit your designs to the Lego Ideas website. If the design is approved, it is put up and then has one year to gather 10,000 supporters. If this is achieved, the design is reviewed and hopefully launched as a product. 10,000 is a lot of support to achieve, so I thought I would reach out to like-minded enthusiasts to help me try and achieve this.

I have put up 20 designs of my favorite aircraft and include a few sample photos here. The aim was to really try and capture the spirit of these classic machines in brick form. My request is that if you find yourself with five minutes to spare then go to https://ideas.lego.com/profile/Richie2537/projects. You will be asked to create a Lego ID and then you can support each design you like individually (or hey! just support them all!:). You also have the option of ‘following’ me and that is pretty helpful as well. Thanks for your support! Do leave some comments. All feedback is very welcome.
NickForder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickForder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 17:23
Didn't Lego go down this route already ? Sopwith Camel & Fokker Dr1 ?
richie2537 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie2537 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 04:32
Hi Nick. Yes they did indeed. My take on it is that these were; (a) very large scale and thus expensive, (b) used a lot of bespoke components, (c) didn't have any pilot figures and thus had limited 'playability', (d) only addressed two aircraft of this era and (e) were sort of 'blocky' and failed to capture the spirit and essence of these incredible machines. 

I'm basically trying to address all of these points.
KK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 13:40
those wings need sanding down a touch......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic