The Forum is administered separately from the rest of the website - please log in below to post
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New book about the FE.2b/d + what happened to DH.2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New book about the FE.2b/d + what happened to DH.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stig Jarlevik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stig Jarlevik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New book about the FE.2b/d + what happened to DH.2
    Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 19:42
Guys (or C&C Leadership)

I have just ordered the new book and paid by Paypal. Nothing wrong with that. But I wonder why there is no "special" deduction for members? As a long standing member of Air Britain, they have done so for many, many years. No big deal for me, since I can afford anything I want, but we don't encourage memerbership by skipping that. Just a thought from a grassroot Smile

Generally I love these "extensions" of the magazine and the Nieuport was just THAT good, that the FE.2 book is simply a must, and it will a good companion to the Bleriot book published by AB.

One other point. Many moons ago there were discussions regarding the first book to be published by C&C and the aeroplane DH.2 was selected. I always thought that the project was very close to being realized, but....something must have popped up, cancelling the whole project. Is the DH.2 still being discussed?
If it is, would it be a total disaster if one included the DH.1 and the DH.5 in the project and called it DH fighters in WW 1 or something? De Havilland has always had a sort of special heart with me. The Putnam book on De H was the first one I bought back in the late 1960's on my first alone visit to London and Charing Cross Road was filled with second hand book shops and when you first bought your book and then thought about food...Dead But at 18 starving was just a way of living... Smile

Cheers
Stig (Member 1729)

AndyK View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 21:06
Hi Stig

Delighted to hear you liked the Nieuport book. If so, then you WILL love the FE2 book Smile

The DH2 book has been under discussion for a while. Once we saw the success of the Nieuport, the DH2 was going to be next in line, and work in fact started. However, we were then encouraged to produce a book on the FE2, to coincide with the unveiling of the RAFM FE2b. This was launched on schedule in July and is now selling like hot cakes!

The DH2 is next in line. Maybe Colin Huston will provide us all with an update - but the intention, last I heard, was (deities permitting ...) for publication in the Spring of 2010.

Like many others, I'm sure, I'm hugely looking forward to seeing the DH2 book - not least Barry Gray, who has over the years put so much time and effort into research.

Cheers!

Andy
Rob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 23:06
I was on a research trip to London two weeks ago and found time to get up to Hendon to see the Fee - stunning aircraft, well worth the long detour from central London! Picked up the last copy of the FE2 book in the shop as well, really superb and beautiful profiles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic